Issue: Embedded/Linked OLE shapes may appear flipped, if created in earlier versions of PowerPoint ( Pre-PPT 2000-SR-1), when opened in PowerPoint XP.
Using Pre-PPT 2000-SR-1:
If an OLE Shape is selected with another native PowerPoint shape and then
flipped using the Rotate or Flip options, the PPT shape gets flipped and the
OLE shape remains in it's original state. However the bit of the OLE
shape is set to flip. This bit is ignored in Pre XP versions. If this
presentation is saved and then reopened in PowerPoint XP, the OLE shape
will be flipped. Unlike pictures, this OLE shape cannot be flipped back into
the rightful state in XP.
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new presentation using in PowerPoint 97.
2. Insert an OLE object.
3. Draw an AutoShape on the shape
4. Select the OLE shape and the autoshape.
5. Select Draw | Rotate or Flip | Flip Vertical
6. Saved this presentation.
7. Open this presentation in PowerPoint XP, the OLE shape image will be
1. Open the presentation in earlier version of PowerPoint.
2. Unflip the OLE shapes
3. Save the presentation.
4. Open it in PowerPoint XP.