Back to Main
Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Q241173
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000
When you select a different default language, and then type text in any new text
For example, when you do the following, the text is marked as misspelled by
1. On the Tools menu, click Language.
2. Click the language that you want to be the new default language, and then
3. Click Yes.
4. Create a new slide and type some words from the new default language.
Also, if you check the language setting for this new text, you find that it has
This problem occurs when your keyboard language setting is different from the
To change the default language in PowerPoint, you must install the appropriate
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at
To find out how to install and switch to different keyboard language layouts:
1. On the Start menu click Help.
2. On the Index tab, type "keyboard" (without the quotation marks) as a keyword.
3. Under the keyboard topic, click the subtopic "languages, layouts", and then
NOTE: You must already have the appropriate language dictionaries installed to be